ANTHOLOGY SUBMISSION CALLS
PLEASE NOTE: ALL ARTWORK (AND SOME TITLES) SHOWN HERE ARE MOCK-UPS ONLY!
3:00 (THREE A.M.) – A Sapphic Horror Anthology
The first anthology from Posies & Peacocks will showcase Sapphic horror from indie authors that will focus on the horror genre with lesbian (women loving women) characters as the main protagonist.
Open to all subgenres of horror, with the exception of sexy vampires and witches. The storyline must take place at THREE A.M. There is a lack of representation in the Sapphic world where the horror genre is missing some spooky, horrifying, and gruesome tales of terror, which may or may not include erotic horror. We’d like to build this genre up, so let’s see what you’ve got.
Payment – $10.00 for first rights (for six months) & Free eBook. Paperback copies available at cost through Amazon printing press.
All stories must be original: never before published anywhere. Word count is between 3K and 5K words to by published by Posies & Peacocks. And edited by Danielle Yeager. Proceeds will be donated to Golden Crown Literary Society, who supports and increases the visibility of Sapphic and women-loving-women literature.*
NOTE: Stories should not include lesbian characters for the sake of violence against them. No physical assault or dubious consent. No depictions of violence against children or animals.
DISCLAIMER: This anthology is in no way associated with Golden Crown Literary Society – Only that Posies & Peacocks will be donating its earnings after costs to the organization.
PLEASE read and adhere to our submission guidelines…
Word format saved in .doc, or .docx
- 12 pt times new roman
- Double spaced
- Absolutely NO extra lines between paragraphs!
- Minimum word count: 3K
- Up to 5k word count (although we are incredibly flexible for awesome stories!)
- Piece must be edited to the best of your abilities. Do not send rough first drafts. Extremely poorly written work will be automatically rejected.
- The body of your submission email will be considered the cover letter with your name, pen name, email address, and small blurb of your piece.
The submission documents are to be separated and Word (.doc or .docx) documents are to be attached to your submission email.
- To submit, email your polished story to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: extended to February 29, 2024
Appx: 10-15 stories will be accepted.
Tentative release date: May or June 2024